- Grease a 20 cm tray and line the base with non-stick baking paper.
- Preheat the oven to 160° C
- Put the marg, sugar and syrup in a medium saucepan and heat gently, while stirring, until the marg has melted and the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and stir in the oats.
- Pour the mixture into the trayand press down firmly eith the back of a spoon to level the surface.
- Bake for about 30 mins until golden brown.
Take care not to overbake the flapjacks or they'll be hard.
You can add chocolate powder to the mix to make really nice choc flapjacks